Thursday, August 27, 2009

See-Through Diet a No Go

Since I was so sick yesterday, my mom suggested that I stick to a "see-through" diet...if I can't see through it, it's not being eaten. Christopher bought chicken soups (torture, because I can't eat the noodles or chicken), 7-Up, and Jell-O last night. The remainder of the night I completed one of my assignments for the online sociology class and started reading the first chapter. I soon conked out...

This morning I tried to eat some more chicken broth, and not even five minutes later it found its way out. I was in the middle of getting ready for work so I attempted to call in. Called the Manager-On-Duty phone, no answer, so I left a message. I even typed up and sent an email. I fall back asleep (the only time I don't feel sick). Fifty minutes later the phone rings "Melissa, where are you, you were supposed to be here ten minutes ago!" Of course, no one checked the voicemail or the email...I even tried to call the other line to the store, but since we don't open until 8am, either no one answers it b/c they think it's a customer, or it doesn't physically start ringing until 8. I mention what's going on (without giving too much information about the pregnancy) and they're okay (I think).

My newest situation...how can I still be sick if I haven't even eaten anything? This is what is scaring me the most right now. I tried to call my OB, but they sent me to her nurse's line where I left a voicemail...and that was over an hour ago. The allergist yesterday mentioned there might be something they can prescribe to combat this beast of nausea.

I hope I can keep my "sessions" down to a small number, I'm already at 2 for the day :(

No comments:

Post a Comment